Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bandcamp Plunder Of The Week! Francisco Meza - the Restless Mind



Bandcamp. The great tundra of undiscovered talent. Here you can find fantastic artists such as Dan Dankmeyer, Arbiter, and Piotrek Gruszka. But first you have to wade through the mounds of repeat artists, who post their work numerous times, or post each track like it's it's own album, etc... I've decided I'm going to try and trifle through the mountains of work posted on Bandcamp to hopefully bring you a golden nugget of awesomeness. I'm going to call the post Bandcamp Plunder Of The Week, since you technically don't have to buy the music to hear it.

Anyhoo, I'll be honest, I didn't search entirely to hard for this one, but I promise to look harder in the future, I'm a bit tired at the moment, but none-the-less this is a great pick. It's Francisco Meza's The Restless Mind. http://franciscomeza.bandcamp.com/album/the-restless-mind This album jams. It's packed with excellent solos, and fantastic guitar work. there are no vocals, it's all instrumental, so if vocals are a necessity for you, then you may want to look over this one. But if you like 'Djenty' downtuned instrumental stuff, this is right up your alley. Check him out and buy the album if you feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment