Monday, April 30, 2012

NEW WHITECHAPEL!


Here's something I've been so stoked for for a while now. Whitechapel are a band I consider to be a part of the top tier of Deathcore, and to go further I'd argue that Phil Bozeman has one of the best voices in metal. Anyhow, Whitechapel have been pretty busy with some extensive touring atop writing a follow-up to 2010's A New Era Of Corruption, which is probably my favorite deathcore album, regardless of the fact it's not typically the more favored album from these guys. Today however marks the official announcement of Whitechapel's upcoming self titled album, which came with the release of the first single!

Here's the new track:

It's pretty sick!

Is it me or does there seem to be a tad bit of Meshuggah influence around the 1 minute mark? The clean vocals remind me a little bit of Korn which isn't great, but the rest of the vocals are still fantastic. It's not their best song to date, but it's a really solid track and only gets me more excited for the new album.

It's set to release June 19th through Metal Blade Records, but you can pre-order it now by going to this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment