Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Haunted Lose Another Two Members


I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but after reading this news, I'm afraid we may see the end of The Haunted soon. Vocalist Peter Dolving left the group a few months back and since then they've been searching for a new vocalist, but as of today it would appear that one of the Björler brothers, Anders, and Per Möller Jensen, have left the band. It's tough losing one member, but three fifths of the band? That's a whole other story. Now it's not impossible fo rthe two remaining members to keep things up, and I would love to see how that would go, but I'm seeing grey clouds in the sky unfortunately.

Here's the official word:

It's with deep regret we have to inform you of another two departures from The Haunted; guitarist Anders Björler and drummer Per Möller Jensen. No animosity whatsoever caused these events, nor are there any other feelings than that they will both be dearly missed. We wish them all the best in whatever, and wherever, their future endeavors will take them 
For all you who have any knowledge about the band, and know how to count, you will realize that there are only two band members left; Jonas and myself. We are still committed to the The Haunted. However, in the light of these recent events, we honestly don't know what will happen. We hope for your appreciation of our current situation, and for your patience. 
Thanks,
Jonas and Jensen

Words from Anders:

“I feel that I have come to the end of the line regarding THE HAUNTED.
This is not a sudden or hasty decision. I have been contemplating it for the last couple of years.
Peter’s departure earlier this year made me more certain than ever that I had reached my personal goal with THE HAUNTED, and that the time was right to call it quits.

I have enjoyed every bit of the ride.
It’s been an overwhelming journey.
I would like to thank the other band members especially,
our crew through the years, and our fans worldwide for the experience and opportunity.
Thank you so much! The memories will be with me forever.
I will of course continue writing music, but where that leads me?,
simply too early to say” 
Anders

No comments:

Post a Comment